Thursday, June 7, 2012

50 Days to the Opening Ceremony

In 50 days, the 2012 Olympics will be officially open.

Paul McCartney has been announced as the performer who will close the ceremony. I can't wait to see who else ends up performing. Being a lover of British music, I am hoping that some of my favourites will perform, however I am not holding out too much hope. I realize that Britain has an immense history of music that will probably be showcased. Loving music mostly from this century will mean that my favourites will probably not be included.

I imagine it will be similar to the Queen's Jubilee concert which included mostly older musicians but you would think that athletes being young, they would include some current artists in the ceremony. I have my fingers crossed anyway.

The other highlight will be the entry of the teams. I can't wait to see what the teams are wearing...who will make the best dressed list and of course, who will not.

I can't wait to see who will be the flagbearers, especially Canada's.

I am excited to see who will be carrying the torch into the stadium and how they will light the cauldron.

The countdown continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment