Wednesday, April 18, 2012

100 Days To Go!

With 100 days to go until the 2012 London Olympics, I wondered how to celebrate.

Should I focus on an event or an international Olympic star? Should I guess about potential flag bearers for Canada? Should I write about a Canadian athlete with a realistic shot at a gold medal or an athlete who fulfilled their dream to qualify for the Olympics even if a medal is out of reach?

How about celebrating the ones with the "best job in the world"?



From the P&G Thank You, mm website:

Help us thank Canadian moms for doing the best job in the world, while bringing sports to kids in need across the country. Because for each Thank You shared, $1* will be donated to KidSport™.

*P&G will donate $1 to KidSport for each personal thank you message created, up to a maximum of $50,000. One “thank you” per account holder. Unliking does not cancel your donation.

Although the campaign is meant to thank all moms (not only moms of Olympic athletes), in the spirit of 100 days to the 2012 Olympics, I will take this a step further. I will thank the dads, the coaches, the teammates and the support teams who also helped make the dreams come true for Olympians around the world.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, tears in my eyes (and I'm not even a mom, it would work for a dad too, wouldn't it?).

    ReplyDelete