Saturday, December 19, 2009

Open Happiness

Originally post on My Life Is Like A Song on December 19, 2009

The first thing that I want do
Make sure that you feel it too
So I'm not the only one

Coke introduced a new campaign last January entitled Open Happiness and had a song in its commercials.

They have released a Canadian version of the song that they are using during the Olympic Torch Relay. I heard it the other night at the City Torch Relay Celebration.



This version features Kardinal Offishall, Bedouin Soundclash's Jay Malinowski, and cœur de pirate. This is reminding me that a friend (stv) had recommended cœur de pirate a while ago. Just realized I never downloaded any of her songs, so just went to download Comme des Enfants as a start. It's funny how things come around sometimes. She'll be performing in Vancouver and Whistler during the Olympics.

They also have a bilingual version where cœur de pirate sings her part in French.



I love Jay Malinowski's voice. I noticed it the other night when the song started playing. I'll definitely be looking into Bedouin Soundclash again. I loved When The Night Feels My Song from a few years ago, but didn't download more than that.

Kardinal won the Juno Award for Single of the Year for Dangerous in 2009 and performs on the Estelle track Magnificient. I'm sure he has a lot more credits, but these are the two songs that appear on our iTunes playlist. He ran in the Torch Relay 15 minutes earlier than I saw it in my neighbourhood. Cool!

The song can be downloaded for free at www.icoke.ca

C'mon lift me up
it's a brand new day

Open up a lil happiness today

No comments:

Post a Comment